Blogging

To post on the blog, you must be logged into a Google email account or one of the suggested profiles and enable third party cookies.







Sunday, May 22, 2011

Bench Dedication

The bench dedication and donation to Asia's Foundation from her Penn Charter 10th reunion classmates was so very special. All this wonderful activity on Mother's Day weekend, couldn't have occurred at a better time. During the bench dedication, the most unusual thing happened. As in the Quaker tradition we had moments of silence. While it had been a beautiful sunny outdoors type of day, during these moments of silence, light spring rain showers began to fall (the misting kind), then the sun began to shine again. One of Asia's dear sweet friends, shared with me, another of her classmates said, "this means a rainbow is somewhere." As she shared these thoughts with me, a beautiful, joyous and peaceful feeling ever came over me. Then I recalled the rainbow was GOD's covenant with Noah that everything was going to be okay. To the Penn Charter class of 2001, my sincerest Thanks for your thoughtfulness in allowing me to share in the reunion festivities. I even enjoyed the Phillies vs.Braves baseball game at Citizens Park (lol). From My Heart Thanks- Ms. Shelah

No comments:

Post a Comment